Finally completed…

I waited a few days before calling this one done. I wasn’t sure if there was anything more I wanted to do with it. I had thought maybe I would add some designs to the background but decided on just this simple pattern from a stencil I created. I used watercolor through the stencil similar to the background colors. Then I added dark shadow lines and white highlight lines which in real life makes the shapes pop up off the page. Sometimes when I look at it, I’m sure it would feel like I applied texture paste. I didn’t. It is just an illusion which is something I love just as much as I would have loved the physical texture.

IMG_1440

This is probably one of my favorite spreads in my journal probably because it is the first time I did a puppy and the puppy made itself known from the background design. All of his contours were in the background all I did was draw around the shape. And I mean even the eyes and ears. I didn’t have to do anything but add the detail to the eye and his little nose. Even the eye was already looking upwards. The fact that he reminds me of our dog is a wonderful surprise.

To think that this all developed from a major mess when trying to create a floral pattern using watercolor just astounds me.

 

 

1 thought on “Finally completed…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s